Invacare Australia Pty Ltd
Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identify you, such as your name, contact details and records of your dealings with us. This includes sensitive information such as details about your health, as well as credit-related information (including details of your credit worthiness, credit history, and other details in a credit report about you).
Why Invacare handles personal information.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to interact with you and provide you with our products and services
- to register you as a dealer for an account on our website
- to register a product for warranty
- to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you (unless you tell us not to)
- for dealers, to assess your eligibility for a line of credit or to collect outstanding debts under a line of credit
- if your product is affected by recall
- to invite you to read a news article if you have been referred by a friend through our “Tell a Friend” service
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements
- any purpose required or permitted by law
- any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented, and
- any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect.
Collecting personal information
We will collect your personal information through our interactions with you, for example:
- for dealers, when we provide you with our products and services
- for dealers, when you apply for a line of credit with us
- for consumers, when you register a product with us for warranty purposes
- when you subscribe to iCare and Invacare updates
- when you register for an online account with us
- when you complete one of our surveys
- when you interact with one of our representatives, or when we communicate with you
- when you choose to use our “Tell a Friend” service, or
- when you use blogs or community forums on our website.
Where appropriate, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as your employer, service providers, agents, advisers, as well as other trade credit providers and credit reporting bodies.
Using and disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who assist us in providing our products and services, for example:
- our service providers, including insurers, financial institutions and debt collection agencies
- our related companies and other business partners, including companies whose products and services may be of interest you (unless you tell us not to)
- professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors, and
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
This may include disclosure of your personal information to recipients located in the United States of America.
Exchanging credit-related information
When our dealers apply for a line of credit with us, we may disclose your personal information (including information regarding your credit worthiness or credit history) to other credit providers to assess an application for a line of credit where you are the borrower or a guarantor, to notify them of defaults under the line of credit, and to inform other credit providers who allege that you are in default with them. We may disclose your information to any person reasonably necessary for the purposes of that person taking an assignment of any debt you owe us.
We may also disclose your personal information to credit reporting bodies in order to obtain a credit report about you and to provide details of any default or credit infringement under a line of credit.
We hold your personal information in paper-based and electronic formats. We have implemented a variety of security measures to protect the personal information we receive and hold. In particular, when you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL), and your credit card information will not be stored on our servers. We will retain your information for as long as necessary for any of the above purposes.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact us to request access to the personal information that we hold about you in Australia on 1800 460 460 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take care to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and not misleading, and that the personal information we use and disclose is also relevant. Where we believe that personal information that we hold requires correction, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. You may also seek to correct the personal information we hold about you via our member information page, by emailing us at email@example.com or by mailing us at PO Box 5002, North Rocks NSW 2151 for Australia.
Questions and complaints
We respond to all complaints, and do so as soon as possible